The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices. Personally, I feel Xtended has too many features and if you like feature-packed ROMs then you can definitely give it a try. Built on top of Google’s AOSP stock ROMs code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there. It has the most extensive developer team under its name and officially supports over 190 devices. The ROM includes basic but useful features that include but are not limited to customizing the status bar, changing the overall theme, editing the navbar, and much more. First and foremost, you will have to unroot your device, uninstall all the modules, and remove custom ROM and recovery.
- Whatever path you want to take, I’ll be covering the steps in this article.
- Run “Setup.bat” file if you are getting the error to run ASUS flash tool on pc.
- Here you can download Asus Flash Tool & Asus Zenfone Flash Tool for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit.
- On that occasions, users are suggested to follow the flashing process to get their devices back to normal.
From within Titanium, you can surf through the long list of apps and click on any you don’t want. In the shot above, you can see I’ve selected ASUS’ Splendid video profiler. From here, I can freeze the app, which means it still hogs space on the device, but isn’t active. This is useful if you might want to re-enable it in the future. You can hit uninstall to do just that, or wipe data to remove the app from the system’s ROM. The latter means that even if the phone is factory reset, the app will still be gone. However, as soon as ASUS releases a new major update, the app could be put back.
When it is done, disconnect your phone from the computer and restart it. Before you proceed to install Stock ROM using Asus Zenfone Flash Tool, it is recommended to follow the below-mentioned preparation steps for smoother flashing process.
- If you use any third-party app to set Pattern Lock then Uninstall it first.
- Flashing delete all your device data like photos, contacts, and apps, etc.
- On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC.
- It also allows for creating backups which apply on user data.
- The firmware also allows you to fix boot-loop, hanging, and hitting issues on your Asus mobile devices.
Regardless of your use-case, these are the best ASUS routers for VPN, torenting or building your own home NAS server. This really is a spot where an actual open source hardware design is probably the only real solution. Because I learned how to build openwrt, I also have two mikrotik rb3011uias-rm 10x gbe switches.
It is built to let you flash your Zenfone device with the latest firmware or even backdated firmware as per your requirement. But make sure that the firmware is fit for your device else it can get bricked.